Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may becomeblameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depravedgeneration, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out theword of life- in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that Idid not run or labor for nothing.- phil 2:14-16
I'm studying Ecclesiastes right now, and the complaining thing is sorta in line with what I read today. Firstly, after reading the passage 2:17-26, I was convicted to not complain today. But i realised how tough that was, because, like selfishness, complaining is second nature to us. The other thing i realised is that we complain because we fail to see God in the things that we do, that's why we complain. Solomon talks about how life is meaningless apart from God, and in chapter 2, he is basically complaining. We complain because we don't see God, or don't realise that we are doing the daily, mundane, busy tasks (required of us from our teachers, bosses, and superiors, even church elders), we don't realise that we do these things for God. So to combat complaining hearts, do what you do as though doing it for the Lord!
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment